Wednesday 1 August 2012

Blogger of the Moment - Lipgloss Kisses by Chicara


.........................................................

... is my number ONE go-to blog for anything
SOUTH AFRICAN and beauty.

Written by Pretoria girl Chicara,
this blog features the most creatively put-together and 
fun to read blog posts about 
BEAUTY and fashion - with all local products!

Her blog is beautifully personal too.
My favourite weekly post is Chicara's 
5 Favourites for Friday!

It's a little ensemle of Chicara's personal 5 favourite
anythings .. as well as a little blurb about each item!




She also features other more personal loves...
Some of which we share, including my all time fav survival horror
game - SILENT HILL ;)



I particularly LOVE Chicara's blog posts
where she will review a local brand...

Her write ups are always very on point 
and honest and she always seems to have
the best and most interesting products to write about.
BIG PLUS is that everything is local
and easily accessible... and even better : affordable!

This is an image from her blog post where she reviewed NYX.

And here's a bit more info straight from the bloggers mouth:

.............................................

1. What are your top (1 or 2) products for WINTER and for SUMMER?
-WINTER - I love body oils to quench dry skin. My fave one is definitely the delightfully scented vanilla body oil from Tranquil Body Treats. Another two must haves for winter are a great lip balm and a rich face cream.  SUMMER - I love using highlighter on summer skin. It creates a gorgeous glow. One of my faves is definitely Benefits High Beam. I also love a bit of wash-off fake tan for my white legs. I adore Rimmel's version which I like to mix with a bit of Caribbean tan shimmer cream for flawless looking pins..
2. Fav personal make-up trend or style?
I love a dark grey/black smokey eye and it's been my signature 'going out' look for years. But recently I've really taken to soft, pretty pastel tones.  

3. How would you describe your personal style and what have been your top fashion trends this year so far?
I'm a bit of a mix when it comes to my personal style. I'm a combination of girly-romantic and trendy. I'm obsessed with the pastel trend and of course the neon trend, which I'll be wearing in Spring/Summer.

..................................................
Here's two images pulled
from Chicara's blog, just to give you an idea on the fashion content
Chicara blogs about ... LOVE it that its all local
stuff....!!



BE SURE to go visit and follow Chicara's blog
especially if you're living in South Africa... I garuntee you'll be
going back daily to read!!

............................

2 comments:

  1. Chicara's blog is one of my faves... She's such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw this message now - Thanks Laiqah :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...