Thursday 2 August 2012

Lola by MarquisMontes

LOLA...

........................................................

... My friend, Romi, who writes her own blog too:


is a literary fanatic and in my mind,
she has read every book in existence
(well, only the good ones that is... lol)

A little before she left for the UK, I remember sitting in her room and
going through all her possessions. 
One of which was a book I noticed called Lolita, by Vladimir Nabokov
(a film was also made with the same title by Stanley Kubrick)
She lent it to me, although I must confess I never got around to reading it,
I am, however, familiar with the storyline and when I came across this gorgeously shot fashion editorial I thought I HAD to blog it, especially for Romy ;)



MarquisMontes say about their shoot:

"Leaving the dark and grimy aspect of the story behind, we concentrated our interest in the actual character: Lolita, youthful, naïve, nonchalant but equally seductive, endearing and quite aware of her sexuality. We wanted to create ‘a day in the life’ of this intriguing character, trying to showcase the duality and complexity of the carefree temptress.”

This shoot is so artfully done, I hope you take inspiration
from these gorgeous pics (found over here).


ENJOY

XO
.....................................

Credits
Photography – MarquisMontes
Styling – Vé Goguen
Makeup & Hair – Susan Morales
Model – Frederique @ NEXT Canada
Layout – Taryn Yat

.....................................









 
 ..........................................

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...